Mark E. Strickland
Patent Attorney and Computer Science Ph.D. student at Arizona State University.
Experienced attorney focused on assisting leading companies in highly competitive markets.
Commercial litigator on behalf of large technology-driven clients in federal courts throughout the country
and the International Trade Commission.
Professional goal is to apply legal and technical knowledge to make the most efficient and effective use of existing
portfolios and processes, as well as expand portfolios and processes to drive positive change.
Target Role: In-house counsel for a leading company with responsibilities focusing on understanding, explaining, and
utilizing technology to achieve business goals.
Ph.D. in Computer Science, Arizona State University, May 2021 (Expected), 4.0/4.0
- Thesis Research: Bayesian Convolutional LSTM techniques were conceived and implemented for modeling vehicle interactions using sequences of sensor images as well as proprioceptive state and action data; planned development of advanced datasets of simulated collisions with sequence data to enhance state-of-the-art in Deep Predictive Modeling and vehicle collision detection.
- Teaching Associate: Principles of Programming with Java (Lab), Interactive Robotics, Object-Oriented Programming
J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, May 1999
- Managing Editor: Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology
- Senior Research Honor: Article analyzing BMW v. Gore
- Arlyn Miner Award for Legal Writing
B.S. in Aerospace Engineering (Magna Cum Laude), University of Cincinnati, June 1991
- Sigma Gamma Tau Aerospace Engineering Honor Society
- A.B. Streitman Scholarship
Partner, Perkins Coie LLP
Associate, Brown & Bain, PA and Perkins Coie Brown & Bain, PA
Judicial Clerk to the Hon. Richard Linn, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Associate, Dickstein Shapiro Morin & Oshinsky LLP
Systems Programmer, University of Chicago
Aerospace Engineer, NASA Langley Research Center
See Experience or download my CV for more details.
Licenses & Admissions
: U.S. Patent & Trademark Office Reg. No. 45138
State Bar Admissions
: Arizona (active), District of Columbia (active), Virginia (inactive)
: Federal Circuit, 4th Circuit, District of Arizona
Programming/Scripting Languages & Frameworks:
Python, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, NumPy, Pandas, Theano, Caffe, R, Java, C, C++, Objective-C, Swift, SQLite, HTML, Jekyll
Tools & OS:
MATLAB, Git, Agile/Scrum, AWS, GCP, Azure, Docker, Linux, SunOS, Solaris, IRIX, HP-UX, VMS, MTS